Address
4405 S. Professional Dr.
Edinburg, Tx 78539
Phone:

Fax:
(956) 381-8466
(956) 565-2461
(956) 289-2121
Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Pursuant to Sec. 11.1825 (r) of the Texas Property Tax Code, the Hidalgo County Appraisal District gives public notice of the capitalization rate to be used for tax year 2017 to value properties receiving exemptions under this section. Rent restricted properties vary widely. These variations can have an effect on the valuation of the property. A basic capitalization rate of 9.5% will be used to value these properties. In addition, the following tax rate of 2.86% may be added to the basic capitalization rate of 9.5% for an overall capitalization rate of 12.36%. Adjustments may be made based on the individual property characteristics and the information provided to the Chief Appraiser as required under Sections 11.182 (d) and (g), Property Tax Code.